Health Care for All - Washington is dedicated to achieving universal, publicly funded health care.
Who We Are
Formed in 1994, we are the oldest grassroots organization in Washington that is solely dedicated to universal health care. Two-thirds of our Board of Directors are healthcare professionals who provide expert guidance and insight into the development of public policy. Other board and committee members are long-time advocates who are focused on increasing equitability and access to health care.
We seek to expand and rebuild our public health system to be capable of rapid response and resiliency in the face of contagion or catastrophe.
Committed to Equity
We affirm that universal health care is foundational to achieving health equity.
We seek to eliminate the stark disparities in health and health care by race, ethnicity, class, gender, geography, employment, and citizenship status.
We work for health equity by writing and supporting legislation that addresses disparities in health care access, quality, and cost.
What We Do
- We partner with legislators to propose, promote, and monitor meaningful healthcare legislation.
- We build coalitions with the private sector, organizations, and citizens for a thriving statewide grassroots network.
- We provide timely action alerts on our legislative priorities.
- We hold public forums and educational seminars to build grassroots support.
- We communicate our progress through social media, our website, quarterly newsletters, monthly e-bulletins, a monthly speaker series, and other events.
We are sustained by thousands of grassroots supporters. We amplify our voice through other advocacy organizations and through educational and research institutions and faith groups. For a list of endorsements and allied organizations, see Endorsements.