HCFA-WA’S TOP BILLS ARE ON THE MOVE!
- Senate: 48 “yes” to 1 “no.”
- House: 85 “yes” to 10 “no.”
Another four of our Top Bills are in the Rules Committees, on their way to the Floor. These bills are essential steps toward universal health care as they lower the cost of medications and increase access to healthcare.
TAKE ACTION in the HOUSE:
Contact your Representatives today and urge them to vote “yes” for:
- What it does: Sets payment limits on prescription drugs with the most exorbitant price increase.
- What it does: Directs the Health Care Cost Transparency Board to measure and report on primary care expenditures and authorizes the Office of the Insurance Commissioner to review health carriers' primary care expenditures.
TAKE ACTION in the SENATE
Contact your Senator today and urge them to vote “yes” for:
- What it does: Increases the income threshold for patients to receive charity care and requires hospitals to assist patients with applying for Medicaid or coverage through the Washington Health Benefit Exchange
- What it does: Adds four members of the public living with diabetes to the Work Group, and the requirement to design strategies to provide a once yearly 30-day supply of insulin to individuals on an emergency basis.
REGISTER TODAY for this weekend’s One Payer States Conference
Our own Marcia Stedman will be presenting on Washington’s path to universal health care.
THE PATH TO UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE....THROUGH THE STATES! (Virtual Via Zoom)
March 4 - 6, 2022
Join us for a FREE 3 days of presentations, panel discussions, interactive group discussions and state updates. Opportunities for collaborating, networking, & more!
Contact Info: [email protected]
Thank you for taking action!
We can’t get to universal health care without your support.